To Download the bulletin for Jan 10th, 2016, click here.
- Our Winter Retreat is happening this Friday to Sunday at Camp Stillwood in Chilliwack. We are looking forward to spending a weekend together, having some fun, learning and meeting our speaker, Bill Clem. Sign-in starts at 7pm (It can take about 2 hours to drive from Vacnouver). Click here for a map and a list of things to bring. Don’t forget to email Courteney your answers to the questions for one of our games. Also, contact the office if you have any questions.
- Because we will be away at the retreat – there will be no Sunday Service on Jan 17th. We hope that other arrangements can be made for that day. We will be back ot our regular 10am service the following Sunday.
- We are collection items, clothing and furniture to help NEW HOPE MINISTRIES welcome Syrian Refugees over then next months. If you are able to contribute items (toiletry items, snacks, clothes (winter wear) and home furnishings) we are collecting them at the church over the next few weeks. Our furniture collection date will be on Jan 23rd. Please contact the office or Ako MackDonald for more information.
- Create has a new meeting night - Jan 21st at 7pm at the church. This is a new group where people can connect over creativity and the arts and explore how our faith and creativity work together. Whether it is a story, a song, a painting or an experience, Create is the place where together, we can comeshare creative processes, collaborate, serve and glorify our Creator. If you are interested, contact Courteney at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DHBC will be offering a Starting Point Class in February that will go over the mission and values of the church. This class is a first step if you are considering church membership at DHBC. It is also a class where you can come and learn more about what we are about and why we value church membership. Stay tuned for more details.
- On January 24th we will hosting a send-off party for Cheryl Johnson – our Deacon of Children and Youth. She will be moving back to Montreal to begin a role as a youth pastor and to also be closer to her family. Please join us here at the church as we celebrate how God has worked through her ministry here at DHBC and thank her for her service to our young people and pray for her upcoming transitions.