Ride with us on October 3, 2015 in the Vancouver Ride for Refuge, generously hosted and operated by Journey Home Community in support of charities benefitting the displaced, vulnerable and exploited.
Check out Ridge for Refuge.
The Vancouver RIDE starts and finishes at:
Richmond Christian School 5240 Woodwards Road, Richmond, BC
Here's the schedule for the RIDE:
- 7:00 am - Registration opens
- 8:00 am - 50 km riders
- 9:00 am - 25 km riders
- 9:30 am - 10 km riders
- 10:00 am - 5 km walkers
- 10:30 am Registration close
- 11:00 am - Yummy food begins
- 1:00 pm - Route closes
CHECK-IN: All riders, walkers, and volunteers must check-in and sign a waiver form
Participants aged 17 and under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver or bring in a pre-signed waiver form. Download waiver form under the "Tools" section of our website.
REGISTRATION FEE A registration fee of $25 may apply
Participants aged 13 or older who have not successfully raised their minimum fundraising level ($75 for 13-17 year olds and $150 for aged 18 and up), will be asked to pay a registration fee of $25.
Rest stops will be available on all distances.
This year for the first time the RIDE is limiting cyclists to 10, 25 or 50km (6, 15 or 30 mile), or 5km walk distances only.
All riders 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Route Options Include
- 10 km (6 mile) RIDE
- 25 km (15 mile) RIDE
- 50 km (30 mile) RIDE
- 5 km (3 mile) WALK
What to Bring
- a helmet (mandatory for all riders)
- your bike (or walking shoes!)
- warm layers with moisture repelling clothing if cold or windy
- water bottle - filled with icy cold water
- a cell phone for emergencies - recommended but not required
- your "My Results Form" - downloaded from the fundraising portal
- a signed copy of your waiver form (RIDERS / WALKERS 17 or under must have a parent or guardian sign their waiver form)
- any cash, or cheques made out to "Ride for Refuge"
- extra food or snacks if you have allergies or food sensitivities
- a passion for the charity you're riding or walking for